If those stubborn fat pockets are still sticking around despite your best efforts, you might want to consider a non-invasive fat reduction treatment. Sometimes referred to as body sculpting, this can effectively eliminate stubborn, excess fat in the treated area -without surgery.
Read on to find out more.
What Is Body Sculpting?
Body contouring or body sculpting is a non-invasive treatment used to shape and tone a treated area.
While it’s not a weight loss treatment, many body sculpting procedures are fat loss treatments that address and target stubborn fat pockets in specific areas.
What are the Different Types of BodySculpting?
Lipolysis is another term used in non-invasive body sculpting. There are several lipolysis techniques, including:
1. Cryolipolysis. It is a nonsurgical approach to getting rid of unwanted fat cells. During this treatment, practitioners will suck pinchable areas of fat into applicators so that they can chill the lipid fat-rich tissue. The cells die, crystalize then disintegrate, leaving the body as waste within 6 months due to a natural inflammatory response. The only FDA-cleared cryolipolysis treatment is CoolSculpting.
Cryolipolysis can be used on:
- Inner and outer thighs
- Love handles (flanks)
- Upper arms
- Bra and back fat bulges
- Banana Roll (below the buttocks)
- Under the chin (submental area)
- Distal Thighs (above the knees)
2. Laser Lipolysis. This approach uses laser treatments to target stubborn fat deposits and permanently eliminate fat cells in areas such as:
- Inner and outer thighs
However, this approach isn’t without risks and side effects, which include pain or numbness in the treatment area. Some patients also reported experiencing a burning sensation under the skin after the treatment, which could be a sign of liquid buildup if it persists for more than a few days. Due to the relatively narrow window between heat accumulation that stimulates collagen and dermal-epidermal burns, thermal injuries are also an inherent risk.
3. Ultrasound Fat Reduction or Radiofrequency Lipolysis. This technique uses concentrated sonic waves to dismantle the fat cells’ structures in the targeted area, expelling the fat from the inside to be metabolized and thus diminishing existing fat deposits.
The Benefits of CoolSculpting
CoolSculpting® uses fat-freezing, a clinically proven procedure that targets and helps get rid of stubborn fat in the 9 areas listed above.
This treatment is based on the principle that fat cells freeze at a certain temperature, allowing the body to eliminate and flush out the dead cells within 1 to 6 months.
Do note that there’s really no substitute for a healthy lifestyle when it comes to weight loss, but that CoolSculpting can help enhance weight loss results by helping you sculpt certain parts of the body, reducing stubborn fat by up to 20-25% in the target area. Best of all, the results can be permanent as long as you maintain a healthy and active lifestyle.
When choosing a body sculpting treatment, CoolSculpting® is arguably the safest and most effective approach for targeted fat removal. At BodySculpt by Tess, I have helped hundreds of clients effectively address their specific body sculpting needs via a safe and customized treatment plan.
Schedule your appointment with me to get closer to your body goals today!